It is currently 2024-03-29 / 04:43 UTC GMT +00:00

What do you think about using tactical withdrawal?

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

What do you think about using tactical withdrawal?

Post2015-08-01 / 05:34 UTC GMT +00:00

http://the6mmlife.blogspot.ca/2015/05/i ... rench.html
6mm life wrote:I was at a pickup game at River City Airsoft. I had flanked to an advantageous position in some trees and took out 2-3 of the other team. It was now time to fall back. Why fall back? Because those enemy players were heading back to respawn and they knew where I was. By falling back, I deny them the easy kill should they get the drop on me from multiple angles- which would have been simple for them to do. If they wanted to come after me, I was making them chase me into an area further from the rest of their team. Further from support, further from respawn and into a potential ambush.

Bottom line: If they know where you are it's probably time to move.

6mm life wrote:This takes a bit more set up. It was the final hour of an OP at Penn Yan Airsoft. The enemy team was to attack a succession of friendly positions. As my teammates were hit, we were supposed to fall back to a village, re spawn and defend it against the oncoming assault. Each of our positions was essentially a speed bump. We were essentially told to hold in place for as long as possible, get hit, then fall back to respawn. For my group- that didn't happen.

After initial contact was made- we fired off a few bursts, then fell back about 75 feet. We continued that all the way back to the village. I'm convinced that doing so slowed the other team down way more than all of us digging in and putting up a stiff- but short fight. Falling back in good order slows the enemy more because people tend to be a LOT slower to advance into an area where they know someone's hiding waiting to take a shot at them. The suspense is killer. For both sides, honestly. It's just more fun!

The rationale:
6mm life wrote:Now, "In good order," is the key phrase there. In airsoft, it simply means that people don't move without telling someone, they don't move so far they can't support team mates, and at all times someone has a weapon facing the guys chasing you so they can't just all rush up while you have your back turned.

Notice I didn't once complain about people camping. To my mind, there's nothing wrong with holding an advantageous position for your team. (At least nothing wrong with it a Nerf rocket or Thunder B can't fix.) But ask yourself this, "Am I more valuable to my team here, where the other guys know where I am? Or somewhere else, where they don't?" Mobility is fun. Get yourself moving, make the other team sweat trying to catch you.
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Return to General Chat