It is currently 2024-03-29 / 06:58 UTC GMT +00:00

Do you want to play on Saturday?

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.

Do you want to play on at least one Saturday every month?

Yes, I want to play with experienced players on at least one Saturday every month.
93%
No, I can only attend Sundays and the GVAC games are enough for me.
7%

Total votes : 14

• Author

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Do you want to play on Saturday?

Post2015-02-14 / 07:45 UTC GMT +00:00

Panther and GVAC have widely publicized Sunday events
  • on fb, which reaches 50% of all web users every day
  • links with several other fb airsoft groups, which reaches several thousand local fb users who like airsoft

If you can only play on Saturday, that leaves you as a drop-in. Sometimes, recognizable players arrange for Saturday group games. Though, these are less widely publicized.

Do you want to play on at least one Saturday every month?
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: Do you want to play on Saturday?

Post2015-03-03 / 07:21 UTC GMT +00:00

After 33 views over a couple of weeks, we have 5 in favour of Saturdays.

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
301 admins

Saxon

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-03-13 / 15:48 UTC GMT +00:00

I'd like to play on the 21st of March if there is anything going on.
Be Awesome.

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2015-03-14 / 05:40 UTC GMT +00:00

After 71 views we have 7 people interested in Saturdays.

If this proportion (10%) represents the community, then we should be able to rouse 7 members to play and up to 60 forum users.

Hmmm...

301 admins

Saxon

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-03-19 / 01:44 UTC GMT +00:00

Is there any game going on this Saturday? (March 21)
Be Awesome.

bushman

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-03-19 / 23:53 UTC GMT +00:00

Do you HAVE to take dropins?
Some people think I am trying to be sneaky, its really that my eyes are not as good and I have to make sure its a tree and not the enemy! Trees do not call hits. I have shot a few.

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2015-03-20 / 04:35 UTC GMT +00:00

Once enough players prove the interest, I think we could convince Panther to let us play as one independent group without drop-ins. I'm hoping for enough interest to be able to show P that we could have a similar turnout as the GVAC days....and then allow P to operate the drop-ins separately just like on Sundays.

..And, so far, we haven't arranged a Saturday event. We'll keep our eyes on the poll and consider getting volunteers out to host the games and scenarios, though.

301 admins

cook-off

Post2015-03-20 / 04:42 UTC GMT +00:00

As it stands now, beside a organized Game (like a mil-sim) that happens every 6 weeks or so, it is Saturday drop ins and Sunday drop ins...seems NO one is interested in organized games much unless they are the ones you pay $25 a head for! I ran some for 3-4 weekends, noticed subsequent dwindling of participation with half the players either leaving or joining drop ins in the afternoon?!? the last game I tried to organize showed 15 of us, after an hour or so everyone joined drop ins, that was the last game I have or... will organize.

It is evident the players in the lower mainland including lots of the veteran players, are satisfied to play drop in! there are good turn outs for the "mini" Sims that are $25 per (like 200 players at the last one??) but they are only every 5-6 weeks!

oh lots of lip service in all areas, the "we gunna" chats or, just wait and see this year?! well we are hitting April soon and things are just about exactly as they were in Oct of last year. lots of tail gate talk though lol :roll:

If everyone is ok with drop in, that's ok too, less work and zero worry, just wear your face mask, stay out of the CQB and you will be ok ! I use it for gun testing now, not any real need for Tactical gear just stand by a tree and volley.

As I have beaten too death for a few months now, the only way Airsoft will get back to the way it was is for a rep from each of the teams/clubs/groups to get together and revive it! PP would be fine with it as long as they still do their drop in which again is fine, but the field is open for an organized game every weekend on both days, it just takes some organization......although.....!! wait a minute.... if I couldn't get turn outs after willing to organized games where all people had to do was just show up.... and that was a fail! well there you go, people want but, don't want? easier to complain and run everything down I guess but ask why we are playing drop in! no leaders anymore just followers!
you went FULL RETARD!!

cook-off

Post2015-03-20 / 04:44 UTC GMT +00:00

jsae wrote:Once enough players prove the interest, I think we could convince Panther to let us play as one independent group without drop-ins. I'm hoping for enough interest to be able to show P that we could have a similar turnout as the GVAC days....and then allow P to operate the drop-ins separately just like on Sundays.

..And, so far, we haven't arranged a Saturday event. We'll keep our eyes on the poll and consider getting volunteers out to host the games and scenarios, though.

Wasting your time.... at the moment you are completely by yourself in this venture, none of who you mention have any interest either, that is very easy to see each and every weekend! like I say lots of tail gate parties but everyone is doing their own thing.

convincing PP is the least of your worries, like I mentioned I was already running games last month with no issues from PP, its the players/groups/teams that you need to convince.
you went FULL RETARD!!

bushman

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-03-20 / 15:46 UTC GMT +00:00

I couldn't have said it better myself, Cook Off. I will never run games there either, for the same reasons plus the fact no one stepped up for the club last year.
I understand new players wanting to go out and shoot their shiny new guns, but the guys that have been playing for more than 2 or 3 years wanting the same shit every weekend is what I can't understand.
Some people think I am trying to be sneaky, its really that my eyes are not as good and I have to make sure its a tree and not the enemy! Trees do not call hits. I have shot a few.
Next

Return to General Chat